72 ft 2013 Hatteras Motor Yacht
$2,825,000Lighthouse Point, FLUS
Taz is a beautiful 2013 72' Hatteras Motor Yacht. This late model Hatteras is stunning and in like-new condition. "TAZ" offers a wonderful on-board arrangement including a beautiful salon with formal dining, country kitchen with full-size high-end appliances, walk-around side decks, integrated hardtop with sunroof and climate-controlled bridge, and abundant entertaining space whether it be on the aft deck, flybridge, or forward sun lounge and more. She has only 580 Engine hours on her Cat 32A engines with Cat warranty. Call today for more information on Taz, this 2013 72' Hatteras Motor Yacht!
Brand new Caterpillar 1600hp C32A's have been installed in "TAZ" by Gregory Poole Caterpillar in Beaufort, NC. This work was completed at Jarrett Bay Boatworks in January, 2016.
Providing background, on the way North an internal coolant leak was discovered by Caterpillar in one of the original motors. Warranty covered its full repair but the owner wanted no doubts left about his yacht. In order to have the engines match the overall "like new" feeling this boat delivers he decided to work with CAT and replace both engines with brand new upgraded 1600hp C32A's. These motors have now only 580 engine hours with CAT warranty till 1/2023. This existing CAT warranty, can still be extended for an additional 3 years if so desired.
"TAZ" is a highly desirable late model Hatteras Motor Yacht that is in like new condition. With very low engine hours she is still covered by her Caterpillar warranty. "TAZ" offers a wonderful arrangement including a beautiful salon with formal dining, country kitchen with full size high end appliances, walkaround side decks, integrated hardtop with sunroof and climate controlled bridge, abundant entertaining space whether it be on the aft deck, flybridge, or forward sun lounge and more! Below decks a four stateroom layout provides a full beam master midship with king sized berth, opulent master head with his and hers vanity and abundant locker and built in drawer space with a full walk in closet. The guest staterooms consist of a queen VIP to port with private head access as well as a forward queen stateroom with private head as well. The fourth stateroom is a comfortable bunk arrangement. All staterooms have flat screen TVs, cedar lined hanging lockers, built in drawers and cabinetry and under berth storage. A large foyer area between the staterooms houses a washer and dryer in cabinets and additional linen storage. A large day head is also located on the main deck for convenience.
The flybridge on "TAZ" is something to experience with a sprawling layout that features a comfortable helm forward equipped with top of the line redundant electronics, STIDD captain and companion chairs and a full glass windshield instead of forward curtains. The windshield elegantly blends back into the integrated hardtop with a large retracting sunroof. With EZ2CY installed January, 2017 sliding side panels and curtains aft, the bridge is easy to close up to enjoy the benefits of the air conditioning and heat on certain days but at the same time doesn't confine you providing quick access to your surroundings by opening up the sunroof and curtains within minutes. Aft of the hardtop the boat deck provides room for a tender but also room for safety gear like canister life rafts as well as a cabinet that features dual electric grills. A stairway done in solid teak treads leads from the boat deck down to the aft deck providing an entryway to and from the flybridge both from the interior and the exterior of the vessel. *The tender that is currently on board, does not go with the sale of "TAZ".
All glass services have V-Kool window film.
A unique feature to the Hatteras 72 Motor Yacht is also its comfortable crew quarters which are conveniently accessed from both a hidden entrance door in the salon as well as by way of a bustle door aft. "TAZ" has a custom arrangement allowing for two cabins in this area, a private bunk room as well as a stateroom with double berth. Whether used by an owner operator as extra guest staterooms or by a crew on a captained boat this area is finished with great attention to detail, has a private head with stall shower and an additional washer and dryer. Access to the engine room is through this area and the engine room is separated from this living space by a door. The engine room is what you would expect from Hatteras. Wide walk in space with full 6'7" stand up headroom and the ability to get to all sides of the engines. By Hatteras incorporating fiberglass tanks into the stringer area of their boats the center of gravity is kept lower and you don't have restrictive saddle tanks taking up space in the machinery area. The engine room has dual 27.5 kw generators w/938 Hrs., water maker, full size tool chest and additional part and fluid storage.
The 72 Motor Yacht from Hatteras Yachts features traditional exterior lines with subtle contemporary styling cues that soften the overall look. The result: a yacht that fits into today's marketplace while easily standing the test of time. This unique Hatteras Motor Yacht called "TAZ", features a wide, luxurious salon, set between true side decks that make the 72 perfect for the owner/operator. Down below, the 72 boasts a full beam master with three well-appointed guest rooms. A clever aft area is equipped with two additional staterooms for crew or guests, creating a truly noteworthy vessel in its size range.
Resin-Infused Hull. The 72 features a fully resin-infused hull, rather than one constructed from layers of hand-laid fiberglass. Resin-infusion technology — the process of impregnating fiberglass with resin instead of spraying or rolling it on — produces a more uniform hull thickness and results in the most ideal glass-to-resin ratio. This creates a hull that is stiffer (because there are no voids in the fiberglass) and weighs significantly less (because of the lowered resin content). At the same time, resin infusion allows for a more precise fit of bulkheads, stringers, and other components for increased strength and durability.
Full-Featured Flybridge. The 174squarefoot flybridge, accessed from either the aft deck or the galley, features a centerline helm served by two adjustable Pompanette chairs. A bar with three stools, a refrigerator, and an icemaker abaft the helm creates a casual entertainment area, and an optional dual electric grill is available in the starboard cabinet. Molded fiberglass seating farther aft allows for easy conversation and includes cavernous storage beneath. A fully integrated hardtop, along with curtains and air conditioning make this a versatile area in all climates.
Alfresco Aft Deck. A large aft deck with molded seats and a wood table make an ideal location to relax or enjoy an alfresco meal. This area also allows easy access to the large “sport deck” swim platform and the highflying bridge deck above.
Quality Deck Details. To port and starboard, 12inch side decks lead safely forward, making the 72 easier to handle by an owner/operator. Cleats are recessed into the bulwark for a clean exterior profile. Forward, a large sun pad that converts into a seat is molded into the main deck. And thanks to a windlass that is recessed into a well that drains overboard, the foredeck will stay clean throughout the day.
Showroom-Style Salon. This elegant refuge for owners and guests features a large settee with storage beneath and a clear view of the 42" flat screen TV with Bose System. Opposite is an area that cleverly provides discreet access to the engine room and aft staterooms below. Forward, a formal dining table seats six comfortably; china and glass storage, as well as a large buffet sideboard, are close at hand. In 2019 all salon soft goods were replaced.
Galley and Country Kitchen. One step up from the salon, the galley area has a walk-in pantry to starboard. The galley itself features enormous granite countertops, a 42" upright refrigerator/freezer, a 4 -burner cook top, and a microwave/convection oven. Deep drawers in the island and overhead cabinets provide an abundance of storage. For privacy, an optional pocket door at the aft end of the galley closes to seal off this area from the dining room and salon. Forward of the galley, a large, country kitchen-style dinette with stone countertop facilitates casual dining. In 2019 Galley floors and soft goods were replaced.
Lower Deck. A wide staircase leads to the staterooms below and offers access to a large storage locker for supplemental supplies. Concealed under the staircase lie a side-by-side washer and dryer, which are accessible from the lower companionway.
Master Stateroom. Owners enjoy a full beam master suite featuring a king-sized berth, walk-in closet lined in cedar, dressers and nightstands to port and starboard, and an second large cedar lined closet on Port Side. There is also a full entertainment center featuring a screen TV and Bose System. 3-Large Oval shaped Port lights on each side above dressers. Two Port Lights are opening for cross ventilation.
Guest Rooms. Similar to other Hatteras models, the bow stateroom on "TAZ" features a walkaround queen berth with cedar-lined storage below. A 20" flat screen TV is available for entertainment. Storage is abundant, with a cedar-lined hanging locker and hull-side cabinets to port and starboard. The athwartships guest stateroom also features a walkaround queen berth and cedar-lined storage. Nightstands on either side provide storage, as does a full cedar-lined hanging locker. Situated to starboard, the optional fourth stateroom offers over/under bunks as well as a closet and nightstand.
The engine room on the Hatteras 72 Motor Yacht is unrivaled by any yacht in this size range, a theme that rings true throughout the whole boat. A true walk in engine room with the precise layout and engineering Hatteras is famous for this area will be the envy of almost every owner and captain. Well-lit with abundant room to actually walk around the big CATs the electrical and plumbing runs are like artwork, everything is clearly labeled and easy to service.
Her owner installed a Caterpillar GP-Link. This system can monitor both engines information remotely while running.
- Caterpillar C32 1600hp Engines with 580 Hrs. each.
- ZF Transmissions with 4:1 Gear Ratio Electric fuel transfer system with filtration and dry tank protection for pump
- ABT-Track Hydraulic Stabilizers @ 9 sqft. A set of 6 sqft fins are also available. 4/2022 ABT was onboard to update and tune the entire system
- U.L. Marine listed fiberglass tanks constructed from fire retardant resin with bronze fittings and coated with fire retardant paint
- Water manifold system with centralized shutoff valves
- AC and DC engine room lighting
- DC ventilation blower
- FM200 automatic fire extinguishing system
- Pressure and temperature controlled forced air induction system from walkarounds resulting in no hull side engine vents (Delta T) AC air compressor
- 110volt AC oil changing system for engines, generators and gears with Hatteras patented quick disconnect U.L. Marine listed fuel filter/water separators on generators and dual filters on engines Electric fuel priming pumps
- Bright white polyurethane painted engine room and bilges
- Pickup and Discharge sea chests
- Engine mounted start and stop switches and hour meters 4" diameter stainless alloy H22HS propeller shafts
- 8-Blade Michigan Wheel Custom Propellers (48 x 65.250") Stainless steel rudders
- Manganese bronze dripless rudder seals
- 90,000 BTU Air Conditioning with reverse cycle heating, with AC compressors, individually controlled by SMX controls in each compartment
- (2) Cruise air AC pumps with (2) backup AC pumps installed
- Sewage holding tank with 230volt AC sewage pump, plumbed for dockside pump out with a 3/4 full display and alarm as part of the monitor programmable logic controller (330 gallons)
- Fiberglass water tanks (300 gallons)
- Pressurized 230volt freshwater pump (Headhunter Mach 5)
- WellX freshwater pressure tank
- Engine room freshwater fill for engines and generators
- Sea Recovery SRC AWC 1400 water maker
- Reverse osmosis water filter
- Grey water tank (185 gallons)
- American bow thruster (ABT) hydraulic bow (dual prop 32 Hp) and stern thruster
- Bennett trim tabs
- Pultruded fiberglass rudder shelf with stainless steel rudder tie bar
- (2) 27.5kw Onan Electronic Quiet Diesel (EQD) Generators with only 938 Hrs. each, shock mounts, water lift mufflers and sound shields.
- U.L. 1426 listed tin coated wiring with insulation. Runs are cable tied every 6 inches and fastened to the hull or bulkheads every 1216 inches with chafe protected guides.
- Two 240 volt, 100 amp, transformer connected retractable shore cords with overcurrent protection and wireless remote controls
- Two 24 volt battery banks of heavy duty, 12 volt marine batteries (4) mounted in fire retardant fiberglass boxes
- Gel/lead acid compatible 240 volt automatic Mastervolt Charger
- Automatic battery paralleling system with switch at control console
- 230 volt AC 30 gallon electric water heater in engine room, 20 gallon electric water heater in forward bilge compartment
Hatteras Yachts are built with solid fiberglass below the waterline and a closed cell foam core above. There is no organic material used in the structure of their yachts which is one of the reason they are noted for their longevity, ease of maintenance and resale. Unlike most of the competition, Hatteras does a paint finish to their hull and topsides. Although this is a more expensive way of building, the finish is superb to gelcoat and will hold its gloss for a much longer period of time with less maintenance. Alex seal Cloud White paint is used by Hatteras and "Taz" has a custom Ocean Blue boot stripe.
- Blister resistant vinylester resin hull bottom
- Ablative antifoulant bottom paint (blue) done at Rybovich Dec '13
- Polyurethane painted non-skid decks with polymeric beads
- Resin infused solid fiberglass hull bottom Resin infused fiberglass stringers
- Engine room bulkheads and decks of resin-infused composite construction using PVC foam core with layers of fiberglass laminate on each side
- Welded and polished stainless steel anchor chute
- 90 pound plow anchor with deck hawse pipe
- Maxwell VWC4000 Windlass with 300 feet of hot dipped galvanized chain
- Polished stainless steel cleats through bolted with aluminum backing plates
- Upgraded teak aft deck and teak stairs from swim platform to aft deck and aft deck to flybridge
- Walk around side decks with overhead fender storage compartments
- Marquipt Tide Ride eight step sea stairs with hidden storage
- Forward sun pad with multi-position adjustable backrest
- Upgraded 1500lb steelhead davit
- (2) Garmin 7215 15" color displays with GPS, chartplotters, color sounders and radar Garmin 5208 color display
- Garmin open array radar
- (2) Engine Room cameras
- Aft Deck camera
- FLIR color infrared camera
- (2) Furuno large scale displays with depth, water temp, air temp, heading, etc.
- (2) Icom ICM604 VHF radios
- Garmin color autopilot
- ACR remote spotlight
- (2) CAT multipurpose displays
- CAT electronic controls
- CAT backup controls
- Hatteras alarm control system
- American bow thruster bow and stern thruster control
- TRAC stabilizer controls
- Fuel tank gauges
- Battery gauges
- (3) Windshield wipers with washers
- Stainless steel steering wheel
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Chesapeake Yacht Center is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by .
- Boat NameTAZ
- ModelMotor Yacht
- Model Year2013
- LOA72 ft
- Engines Total Power3,200 hp
- Number of Engines2
- Engine BrandCAT
- Engine ModelC-32A
- Engine TypeInboard
- Engine Power1600|horsepower
- Engine Fuel Typediesel